Tuesday 25 October 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY



Shirt: Gap (find it here)
Skirt: Forever 21 (find a similar one here)
Belt: Forever 21 - came with the skirt
Tights: Joe Fresh
Boots: Steve Madden (find a similar pair here
Jacket: Forever 21 (find it here)
Watch: Tissot Couturier (find it here)

Hi everyone! This is what I wore today for a study session at the library near my house. I like to keep things comfortable when I'm studying, so that my clothes don't distract me. I love the mustard colour of this skirt against the clean white top - such a nice palette for fall. Keep your button down casual by undoing the top buttons and relaxing the collar. 

I chose my favourite new bomber jacket from Forever 21 for added warmth. When you are wearing a fuller high-waisted skirt, make sure that your sweater or coat hits you at the waist - or just below - so that you don't add too much volume to your lower half.

I like to keep my accessories simple when I'm studying so that I don't get distracted fiddling with them. I made the necklace above by combining two great pieces. I found a heart necklace at Forever 21 (find a similar one here) with a little gold overlay, which I removed with pliers. Next, I added this evil eye pendant that I bought in Monastiraki market in Athens over the summer. The result is a unique necklace that's exactly to my liking. Try it out yourself! It's a great way to personalize jewelry for a reasonable price (it only cost me 6 dollars for the heart necklace and 2 euros for the pendant!) 

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment