Monday 27 August 2012

REVIEW: TOO FACED NATURAL EYE COLLECTION

Hi everyone :) I hope that you all had a good weekend. This week I've been busy packing up all of my stuff and running a million errands trying to get ready for law school. I can't believe that I move on Saturday - it seems like time flew by!! I'm so excited to start a new chapter :)

Today I'm going to do a review on the Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection (find it here). I got this palette from my friend Alex for my birthday last week and I've been using it everyday since. I really love the colours and the shimmery finish that the shadows have. Check out my review below :)
 
Pigmentation: The pigmentation in this set is really great. The shadows go on true to colour, although some are obviously more visible than others. I particularly like the pigmentation in Silk Teddy. The colour is so pretty and shimmery without being glittery and it lasts all day long.
Score (out of 10): 10

Application: For the most part, the application is smooth and even. Since most of the colours are very shimmery, they take a little more work to blend out, especially when compared to the matte colours in the palette. For instance, Honey Pot, Silk Teddy and Push-Up all take a little longer to blend than Heaven, but they all transfer evenly onto your eyelid after some gentle brushing.
Score (out of 10): 9

Colours: I LOVE the colours in this palette! Even though it's a natural eye colour set, there are more than enough colours to do both a day and evening look. I like to wear Heaven as a base coat all over my lid, with Velvet Revolver in the crease and Silk Teddy as a highlight under the brow and in the inside corners of my eyes. It's so shimmery and gorgeous without being too in-your-face.
Score (out of 10): 10

Packaging: I don't normally put much value in the packaging of a product so long as it's functional, but this Too Faced palette has particularly good packaging. Not only is the box adorable (point for cuteness!), but it comes with three little eye charts with suggested makeup looks. It's such a great way to experiment with the palette and get ideas for new looks. And then when you're all done with them, they slip back into the lid and out of the way. Genius!
Score (out of 10): 10

Total (out of 40): 30.00 - 98% wooo!!!

Wishing you fun makeup looks and shimmery eyes!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment