Monday 2 January 2012

NEW YEARS EVE

Dress: Joe Fresh (find a similar one here)
Tights: H&M

Happy New Years everyone! Here's the outfit that I wore on New Years Eve this year. I had my eye on this sweater dress for the past couple of weeks, but it was $70 at Joe Fresh and - forgive me if this seems harsh - I have a bit of a problem spending more than $50 at a clothing store located next to the produce aisle (if you're wondering what I'm talking about - most of the Joe Fresh stores in Canada are located inside of a popular grocery store called the Real Canadian Superstore). Don't get me wrong, I love me some Joe clothes, but if I'm in my gym clothes and buying Smart Ones for the upcoming week, I expect to see affordable clothing prices. Long story short, the dress was half-off after Boxing Day so I snatched it up :)

Me and my mama :)

Me and my dad :)

For the first part of the evening, I hung around the house with my parents. Around dinner time, they went over to their friends' house for the evening and I had some of my friends come over for a movie night. The last couple of years we've done bigger parties, but we all decided to keep it low key this year. I put out some yummy appetizers, popped some champagne and we settled onto the couch to watch the NYC ball drop.


As part of her Christmas gift, I got my friend Alex a copy of the British movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (find it here). It was mostly meant as a gag gift, since the trailer looked so silly, but we ended up quite enjoying it! In high school, we had devotedly read every one of the Georgia Nicholson books - they are kind of like a raunchier, British version of the Princess Diaries (read: highly amusing). By the end of the night, Alyssa (the only one of my girlfriends who hadn't read the book) went home clutching a copy of the first book in the series - Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (find it here). If you haven't read it, then run don't walk to the nearest bookstore. It's suitable for girls aged 12-50.

Away laughing on a fast camel,
Talk soon!
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment