Thankfully, the gods of nail care heard my plea and invented a great new product that solves all of your manicure woes! Allow me to introduce you to Shellac. If you haven't already met, then take a gander at the picture above and check out my hard-as-rock, not-flawed-at-all nails (please forgive my scaly skin - this winter weather is giving me a severe case of lizard hands.)
Here are the reasons why I love Shellac:
- Since it dries using UV light rather than air exposure like a normal polish, there is a very short drying period
- No chips, flaws, weird imprints from your bedsheets/socks/gloves or other annoying problems that you have with a normal polish
- It goes directly onto your natural nails and *drum roll* doesn't leave them brittle and gross afterwards
- It's mirror-like finish lasts for about two weeks
- You have to have it professionally done because of the UV lamp required to dry the polish
- You have to use 100% acetone to remove it after two weeks (I usually use a heavy moisturizer afterwards)
*Side note: When I went to get my nails done in the colour featured above (it's called Beau), which I thought to be a very tasteful and classic nude, the manicurist essentially told me that I was boring haha! She kinda shrugged at my nails and said that I should pick brighter colours. I don't know why, but I think that's so funny :)
Still not convinced? Check out CND's website here.
Wishing you non-boring nails!