Wednesday 8 February 2012

NEW YORK ADVENTURES - DAY 1


 Jeans: Levi's Curve ID (find them here) 
Bag: Marche aux Puces Clignancourt, Paris (find a similar one here) 
Coat: Boutique in Montreal - I forget the name (find a similar one here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
T-Shirt: Bluenotes (find it here)
Boots: Kolding, Ecco (find it here)
Necklace: Banana Republic (find a similar one here)
Sweater: Banana Republic (find a similar one here)
 
Hello :) I've finally had the chance to sort through my pictures from New York this past weekend and I'm so excited to share some with you. I went down on the overnight bus with my friend Alex to visit our mutual friend Daniela, since she lives in NYC. Even though we were pooped after the bus ride, we fueled up on some delicious hot chocolate and headed out to explore the city.

Since I am all bundled up in most of my pictures, I put together a little collage for each outfit that I wore. Keep in mind that the items in the collage are not the exact pieces that I am wearing in the picture - the exact items can be found in the listing underneath the photo. 

After a quick walk in Central Park, Alex and I went to see the new Art of the Arab Lands exhibit at the MET. I loved the carpets displayed on the walls - I couldn't believe how huge and intricate they were. We were also really lucky to have lovely weather throughout our trip. Look how sunny it is in this photo!

After the MET, we grabbed a bite of lunch and headed to Times Square to meet up with Alex's brother who was also visiting NYC. It was such a nice change to be in the city after being trapped in suburgatory for the past couple of months. We also scoped out some Broadway plays for the next day while we were there.

The Chelsea High Line was one of my favourite places that we visited this weekend. It was so warm that we were able to sit outside and watch the sunset. Better yet, since it was the off-season (or as close to the off-season as your get in New York), the High Line wasn't crowded at all. What a lovely view!

To top off our first day, we met up with another mutual friend from university and went to see the Nuyorican Poetry Slam. If you ever have the chance to go, I would definitely recommend it! Daniela had been raving about how cool it was before we got to New York, so we stood in line for an hour and a half and managed to get seats. It was such an amazing atmosphere and the poetry was great (if not slightly depressing theme-wise).

Stay tuned for Day 2 and more adventures!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment