Friday 24 February 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Top: H&M (find a similar one here)
Skirt: H&M (find a similar one here) 
Shoes: Ecco (find a similar pair here)
Tights: H&M (find a similar pair here)
Glases: Fendi (find them here)

Hi everyone! Today there was supposed to be a giant snowstorm so my mom and I planned to get up early to shovel the snow, but the weather turned out to be so warm (up to 3 degrees!) that the snow didn't stick for long after all. My dad took some really cool pictures from our window during the peak of the 'storm'. The snowflakes were huge because the snow was so wet. 

This outfit is pretty simple, but the graphic top adds a great pop of pattern. I bought this shirt on Wednesday as part of my find-grown-up-work-clothes campaign :) I'm working on a "Building a Wardrobe: Work Wear" post that will focus on how to build a super versatile office-appropriate closet with a couple of staple pieces - hopefully it will be ready next week.

I really love the shape and print of this top. The faux-wrap style of this blouse is very flattering on most figures, especially if you struggle to fit a larger bust. The deep-v neckline, combined with the diagonal lines of the wrap shape, make your neck and waist look slender while controlling a big bust. Even if you have a smaller bust, the wrap style is still very flattering since it will slenderize your waist and flatter your chest.

Prints can be scary, especially bold black and white ones, but this top is an example of a great starter print. Since the actual design is quite small, you don't risk making your top half look bigger. Better yet, the bold print directs attention upwards so that people can admire your pretty face! H&M also has a fabulous wrap dress in this same pattern that I may or may not have bought ;)

Last but not least I added my cat-eye Fendi glasses, because - in the words of New Girl's Jess - 'they help me see."


Talk soon!
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment