Sunday 25 March 2012

WEEK 1: DARK LIPSTICK

This Week's Mission: Dark lipstick. I used a Smashbox lip colour that I got as a gift in a palette kit, so the products weren't fully labeled, but I think it was Infrared Matte (or one shade browner). You can check out all the Smashbox lipstick colours on their website (find it here).

Inspiration: I'm super addicted to The Good Wife lately and the main character (played by Julianna Margulies) always wears the best dark browny-red lipstick.

Tips and Tricks: Between bleeding and smearing, dark lipstick can be a pain in the butt to apply. I find that it works best if you start by exfoliating and moisturizing your lips. Lipliner is a must with dark shades because it helps the colour stay put. If you want a step by step guide on how to apply bold lip colours, check out my "How To: Red Lipstick" post (find it here).

Results: I really liked this look once it was all said and done. As long as you have the lip colour in your purse for touch ups (dark lipstick needs to be touched up during the night because it fades around the opening of your lips), it's quite easy to wear! I also found that it was surprisingly flattering against my complexion. Although it does accentuate your fairness, it also brings out the rosiness in your cheeks :) I will definitely wear this look again!

Some of my friends decided to join me for my 4 in 4 challenge - check out their looks below! Alex (left) and Lauren (far right) both chose Revlon's Colourburst Lip Butter in 040 Red Velvet (find it here). Did you guys try this trend? Send in a picture of your look and I'll post it here!

Stay tuned for next week's beauty challenge!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment