Saturday 9 June 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

 
Top: Suzy Shier (find it here)
Shorts: H&M (find a similar one here)
Earrings: Aldo (find a similar one here)
Bangles: Christmas gift (find a similar one here)
Shoes: (find them here)

Hi all :) I hope that you guys are having a great weekend. This is the outfit that I wore yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. I love getting home from work and changing out of my frumpy uniform into cute clothes - it's such a good feeling lol!

I bought this top, shorts and shoes a couple of days ago when I went on a mini shopping spree. I was looking for a summery top that I could dress up or down depending on the occasion and I definitely think that I found it. I usually don't love the quality of the clothes at Suzy Shier, so I was surprised when I saw this shirt in the window. I love the embroidery and ribbons; it has such a sunny, bohemian feel to it. Another great thing about this top is that the lining is shorter than the overlay. Long tops that fall more than four or five inches below your hips can sometimes shorten your leg, making your torso look unnaturally long and your legs look too short. However, the translucent overlay in this particular tank top gives you that flowy look without loosing the line of your leg. Perfect!

I'm also really loving these olive-khaki shorts from H&M. They fit so comfortably and are perfect for this summer's safari trend. I'm thinking that I may wear this outfit with sandals and my Indiana Jones sun hat to Osheaga (kind of like the Canadian Coachella, but with less celebrities) in August. Last but not least, I accessorized with my new sparkly gold flats and some gold jewelery.

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment