Thursday 7 June 2012

REVIEW: PUR MINERALS GET A LITTLE

Hi everyone :) I don't know about you, but I have vacation fever. I've been working like crazy at my summer job (which is why I haven't been able to post in a whole week - yikes!) and I'm spending my days dreaming about the beach. But just because you're stuck in a summertime rut doesn't mean that you have to look like it! Spice up your staycation with the awesome Get A Little self-tanner from Pur Minerals (find it here).

As you all know my skin is very sensitive to the sun, so natural tanning (or tanning beds for that matter) is out of the question. If you want to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays but still have a summery glow, this is definitely the tanner for you. Unlike other tanning creams and foams, Get A Little doesn't contain chemical dyes or formaldehyde. Side note: How gross is it that some tanners use the same chemical to colour your skin as your high-school science teacher used to pickle fetal pigs *shudder*. Pur Minerals' tanner is also 100% paraben-free!
____________________
Colour: One of my biggest pet peeves is when people have noticeably fake tans. So many self tanners turn your skin orange or leave a dark residue around your hairline and elbows, but Get A Little leaves you with a beautiful light brown 'tan'. I've used this product at least a dozen times and I've never had any trouble with the colouring. It's also quite easy to control the darkness of your fake tan - just apply it anywhere from one to three days in a row.
Score out of 10: 10
Application: Like all self tanners, applying Get A Little takes a bit of practice. Always exfoliate your entire body before applying a tanner. For the best results, pay extra attention to your feet, elbows and knees so that the colour doesn't concentrate in those regions. Then all you have to do is rub the tanner into your skin as if you were using lotion. In fact, the formula is quite moisturizing, so it won't leave your skin feeling dry or flaky. If you follow the instructions carefully and rub the self tanner into your skin thoroughly, you won't have any streaks :) The only time that I got a streaky tan using Get A Little was when I rushed the application and didn't take the time to really rub it in properly. Another great thing about this product is that it doesn't rub off on your clothes and bedsheets. I have a white duvet and white sheets (dangerous, I know) and I've never had any problems with colour transfer.
Score out of 10: 10
Scent: Okay, here's the kicker. It doesn't smell very good. It doesn't smell bad...but it doesn't smell good either. Don't get me wrong, compared to other self tanners - which tend to smell like rat poison - Get A Little smells awesome. But it still smells like a self tanner. Thankfully the smell doesn't linger on your clothes or bedsheets and, once you shower, the smell completely disappears.
Score out of 10: 7

Total Score: 27 out of 30 - 90%
Wishing you sun and relaxation!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment