Monday 25 June 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Tank: Garage Clothing (find a similar one here)
 Jeans: Levi's Curve ID (find them here)
Necklace (Long): My mom's vintage belt (find a similar one here)
Necklace (Short): DIY with two pendants (find a similar one here)
Sandals: Monastiraki Flea Market, Athens (find a similar pair here)
Ring: Monastiraki Flea Market, Athens (find a similar pair here)
Glasses: Fendi (find them here)

Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a nice weekend :) Saturday after work I went out for dinner and a movie (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - mostly depressing, slightly romantic) with my friends and I wanted to wear something casual but interesting. I really like this outfit because it has the simplicity of a tank top and jeans, but lots of little elements of detail and interest in the accessories.

Since my mom's away on vacation, I've been taking full advantage of her closet ;) I really like the loose fit and heathered texture of this tank; it also has a great racerback cut. Since it was a little cool outside, I paired it with my favourite pair of black Levi's jeans. I would definitely recommend the Levi's Curve ID line to anyone looking for great pair of jeans! They are super flattering and forgiving. Anytime I need a little confidence boost or if I'm having a self-conscious moment, I reach for these puppies. I even went back and bought the same pair in navy!

To spice up this look, I piled on the accessories. Since I had actually remembered to paint my toenails for once, I wore my trusty leather sandals. I was so happy to finally find a pair that I both loved and that fit my feet properly. Since I have amniotic band syndrome on my hands and feet, I can't wear any shoes with a toe thong - it's so hard to find cute sandals without that little piece of fabric! I came across these leather sandals in the Monastiraki flea market in Athens. It's this massive market in the middle of the city that has stalls selling everything from olive oil to fridge magnets to costume jewelery! Speaking of which, I also got my black and silver ring on the same shopping trip. It was in a little stall full of costume jewelery and it turns my finger all sorts of green, but I love it anyways. Bonus feature: it was only two euros.

The long chain necklace in this picture is actually my mom's belt from the 1980s (I think I've mentioned this before on the blog, so sorry if I've just repeated myself). I really love how it looks as a necklace, but it's also cute as a waist belt over a dress. The smaller necklace is actually two pendants that I combined myself. I bought a cheap heart pendant necklace from Forever 21 and then added a tiny evil eye pendant that I bought during the summer from - you guessed it! - the Monastiraki market. It's a great (and cost-effective) way to personalize your jewelery. Last but not least, I wore my Fendi glasses because they help me see :)

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment