Tuesday 19 June 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Shorts: H&M (find a similar one here)
Shirt: Joe Fresh (find a similar one here)
Bag: Marche aux Puces Clignancourt, Paris (find a similar one here)
Necklace: H&M (find a similar one here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Shoes: Payless Shoes (find them here)

Hi everyone! Happy belated Father's Day to all the daddies out there :) This is the outfit that I wore last Thursday when I went downtown to have dinner with my friends. In case you were wondering - yes, I did do a mid-day wardrobe change lol. The outfit that I featured in Friday's post was what I wore during the daytime, but it had cooled off significantly by the evening so I switched my tank top for a long-sleeved shirt.

I really love the look of a slightly oversized button-down. It seems so relaxed and effortless compared to a more fitted, workplace-appropriate version. Try tucking your shirt into your pants or shorts so that you don't completely lose the line of your figure. This tip is especially helpful if you have a larger bust (keeps you from having the dreaded shelf-boob issue).

Another thing that I love about this outfit is that all of the pieces go together without really matching. The shirt and shorts are in the same colour family and both act as pseudo-neutrals against the bright necklace. Even my sparkly gold shoes seem to compliment the metallic accents in the necklace without being too matchy-matchy. I think that it also helps that the shorts and shirt are made from similar materials; it keeps the outfit from slipping into Helena Bonham Carter territory (girlfriend is bold with texture!)

I had such a lovely time with my friends this past Thursday that I think I'm going to try to do 'Adventure Thursdays' this summer to spice up my boring, work-filled weeks. It's important to keep things interesting - like a weekly staycation :) I think this week's mission is going to be Casa Loma.

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment