Wednesday 11 April 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

 
Dress: La Senza (find a similar one here)
Cardigan: Club Monaco (find a similar one here
Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger Outlet (find a similar pair here)  
Tights: H&M (find a similar pair here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Necklace: Forever 21 (find a similar one here)
Bracelets: DIY (see the tutorial here)

Hi everyone! This is the outfit that I wore while I was running errands (I may or may not have slipped a little shopping in on the side ;) this afternoon. It's pretty similar to the one that I posted last week with the blue heart dress, with a few differences. I found this white dress under the strangest circumstances - I was going to a white-themed party a couple of years ago and I needed to find something to wear. The only problem was that it was the dead of winter in Montreal (it's suuuper cold and snowy there), so I was having the worst time finding a white dress. I ended up buying a nightie from La Senza and adding an extra ruffle to the bottom so that it was long enough to wear as a dress. Oddly enough it's become one of my go-to things to wear when I get fashion-stumped!

To spice up the dress, I added a bunch of red and blue accessories. I'm totally loving this navy sweater from Club Monaco. I bought it at an outlet mall (the only way I can afford their clothes on my student budget) a couple of months ago and I haven't stopped wearing it. The little brass buttons are such a nice touch. 

I also wore my red statement necklace from Forever 21 and my DIY nautical bracelets (find out how to make them here). Last but not least, I threw on my red Tommy Hilfiger ballet flats (another outlet find!) to complete the look. Side Note: Speaking of student budgets, Forever 21 is the best place to find cheap clothes that are fun and not completely trash quality. I'm thinking of doing a 'how to shop on a dime' post - would you guys like that?

Today was also supposed to be the day for my "4 Beauty Trends in 4 Weeks" post, but I completely failed at applying my false eyelashes. They looked crazazy! Any suggestions? I'm going back for Round 2 tomorrow - wish me luck!

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment