Saturday 19 November 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Dress: Guess (find a similar one here)
Cardigan: Joe Fresh (find a similar version here)
Bag: Marche aux Puces Clignancourt, Paris (find a similar one here)  
Jacket: Forever 21 (find it here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Boots: Kolding, Ecco (find it here)
Belt: Forever 21 (find a similar one here)
Earrings: Ardene (find similar ones here)
Scarf: Chinatown stall, Montreal (find a similar one here)
Tights: Joe Fresh

Good morning :) Today is my dad's 50th birthday! Even though he's still not feeling 100%, we're going out for dinner tonight at the local pub to celebrate. I really like the idea of wearing a casual dress for this kind of an event, since it's the perfect way to get a relaxed look without looking sloppy. 

This dress is one of my favs because it's so versatile. In the summer, I'll wear it with a pair of sandals, a belt and a sun hat, but it's just as easy to style for colder weather. To keep warm I added a pair of grey tights (they are more opaque than they look in the picture) and a great cardigan from Joe Fresh. When you're picking a cardigan, make sure that it has a strong structure - look for clues like buttons, darts, seaming, etc - so that it doesn't loose it's shape. 

For accessories, I wore this pretty pair of wood and gold earrings and a double wrap belt from Forever 21. I went for black boots instead of brown ones to avoid getting too matchy-matchy. As you know by now, I'm a huge fan of Ecco footwear. These boots are made from a great buttery leather with a shiny (but not patent) finish. Love them!

Finally, I threw on my faux leather bomber jacket and a black and white cheetah print scarf that I found in a stall in Chinatown in Montreal. If you're in the area, it's definitely worth perusing all of their amazing (and cheap!) printed scarves.

Talk soon!
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment