Thursday 15 December 2011

FAMILY FASHION


Hello everyone :) Yesterday, I went to see Handel's Messiah with my parents at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto. The music was performed by the very talented Toronto Symphony Orchestra. It was such a good show - the alto and soprano were both really amazing and the chorus was enormous! There are still some dates left, so if you're in the area I would definitely suggest checking it out (click here).


We grabbed our old camera on the way out the door, so the pictures are pretty grainy, but you get the idea. I didn't have very much time to get ready after work, so I went for something simple and classic. The weather was rainy and cool, so I wore a long black peacoat with opaque tights and boots to keep warm and dry. Ideally, I would have liked to wear my black leather pumps, but I didn't want to sit with wet feet for two hours. I finally got the opportunity to wear my new hat from Forever 21 - woo!

Although you can't see it, I wore a high-waisted bronze skirt with a black v-neck sweater underneath. I want to do a holiday clothing post, so I'll save that outfit for then.


My parents were looking extra dapper yesterday! My dad was finally able to wear these great dark-brown trousers again (he had surgery and the waistline rubs against his scar) and he paired them with a cinnamon-coloured sweater with a shallow v-neck. He also wore his black pea coat to keep the rain off - I really love this coat, it's so nicely cut! I especially like the exaggerated collar. 


My mom continued our family pea coat trend with her red number :) I featured this coat in my "Building a Wardrobe: Outerwear" post (see it here). The cut is ultra-flattering, since it nips in at the waist and then drifts away from the body, stopping mid-thigh. My mom wore it over a black skirt and opaque tights with dark brown leather boots. Guess it must run in the family :) I can only hope that my legs look that good at 48!


Wishing you musical adventures!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment