Saturday 3 December 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Skirt: H&M (find a similar one here) 
Blouse: Zara (find a similar one here)
Onesie: La Vie En Rose (find a similar one here)
Ring: Monastiraki Flea Market, Athens (find a similar one here
Shoes: Vintage (find a similar pair here)
Belt: Forever 21 (find a similar one here)
Tights: H&M

And so the Christmas party season begins. This is what I wore yesterday evening to a Christmas party hosted by my parents' friends. Saturday morning I wrote my LSAT (finally!!), so I was feeling pretty pooped, but I really enjoyed the party after all and was glad I went.

I got this dramatic black blouse at Zara a couple of years ago. Usually this many ruffles on top is bad news for women with bigger busts like myself, but the ruffles on this blouse are cut diagonally - tapering towards the waist - which creates a nice hourglass silhouette. This goes to show that tailoring details can really make or break a piece. Underneath the blouse, I wore a lace onesie to add a bit of coverage over my bra. Although bearing a sexy black bra would be great for a New Year's Eve party or cocktail event, I felt like a bit more coverage was necessary for this party. The lace underlay added the perfect touch of texture while also covering up my bits :)

On the bottom I wore a fitted black felt skirt (which I paired with my mustard sweater in last week's OOTD) and a pair of opaque black tights. When you're wearing black from head to toe, it's important to mix textures, fabrics and shapes to keep your look modern and interesting.

To finish it all off, I grabbed my favourite green heels. These shoes have quite the history! My mom bought them in the 80s to wear to my baptism and then got out of the habit of wearing them a couple of years later. Last year I found them in her closet and we had them re-tipped (most cobblers can easily replace the heel tips on stilettos so that they're fresh and new). I've been wearing them ever since! I especially love the snakeskin bows. They are so cute and sophisticated. These shoes are also great because the heel is manageable and the short, pointed toe makes even big feet (like my size 9 puppies) look dainty.

What's your favourite holiday attire?
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment